How are people tested for COVID-19?
1. Saliva test – Diligent Urgent Care has partnered with Accurate Diagnostic Labs to now offer COVID19 saliva testing.
2. PCR COVID Test – Reference labs use molecular tests or RT-PCR (reverse transcriptase-polymerase chain reaction), and the sensitivity of these tests is generally above 90%, with high specificity.
3. Antibody Testing – If you have been exposed to the virus that causes COVID-19, your body typically produces IgG antibodies as part of the immune response to the virus.
4. Rapid Test – ID NOW is one of the most widely-available molecular point-of-care testing technologies in use in the U.S. Since its introduction in 2014, it has been used in physicians’ offices and urgent care centers to rapidly detect influenzas A & B, strep A, and respiratory syncytial virus (RSV).
5. COVID-19 Home Kit – This PCR home kit includes all the necessary supplies needed to collect a nasal swab and send it back to Accu Reference labs.
Can someone test negative and later test positive on a viral test for COVID-19?
Yes. You can contract COVID-19 at any point.
Where can I get tested for COVID-19 in New Jersey?
You can easily get tested for COVID-19 here at Diligent Urgent Care in Union City, New Jersey.
Is the COVID-19 antibody test recommended in New Jersey?
Yes, the antibody test is the most accurate and recommended by health professionals.
Is COVID-19 testing free in New Jersey?
Can everyone be tested for Coronavirus in New Jersey?
Yes, anyone can receive a Coronavirus test in New Jersey. Please come in to Diligent Urgent care in Union City, New Jersey and receive a test!
How can COVID-19 be treated and managed?
If you are curious about COVID-19 or have potentially contracted the virus, schedule a Telehealth appointment with our office today.
Are antibiotics effective in preventing or treating COVID-19?
Unfortunately, healthcare officials don’t have the information pertaining to preventing or treating the Coronavirus beyond staying isolated and limiting contact with others.
What is the average recovery time for Coronavirus?
Towards the beginning of the outbreak, officials said that it would take about 2 weeks for your body to overcome a mild condition. For more critical cases, it could take up to 6 weeks. However, recovery times will vary depending on the person.
Should I be tested for COVID-19?
It is always a good measure to get tested and ensure that you’re not unknowingly spreading the virus. When you want to get COVID-19 tested be sure to visit us here at Diligent Health.
Come by or schedule an appointment with Diligent Urgent Care in Union City, New Jersey to get tested for COVID-19!